Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Better is Bigger!


Not that I am speaking of being in need,
for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
Philippians 4:11

"If you are praying 'Lord, make me bigger', you are probably miserable, although prayerful. Did you know you can be prayerful and still be miserable? Anytime you use prayer to change God, who is perfect, instead of using prayer to change yourself, you are miserable. Instead, try praying this: 'Lord, make me better.' I admit that better is harder to measure and not as noticeable to the eye. But better will overcome bigger every time"--another nugget from TD Jakes in his Hope for Every Moment devotional.

Sometimes it is difficult not to be bitter because we are not better. Then again, what can one-up being God's child?

Lord, needy though I am, help me not to be greedy--
especially for things that don't matter and last. Amen!